HOW CAN I MAINTAIN A TIDIER HOME ALL WHILE FREEING UP TIME?
Discover How To Keep Your House Clean And Tidy
15 Powerful Time Hacks For Those Who Hate To Clean Or Don’t Have Time
Maintain a tidier home and free up your time from the dreaded household chores.
- Make a priority list of things to do. Jotting down daily tasks helps hold you accountable to get them done! It also helps you prioritize. Then, once everything is in order, you can delegate some of the tasks on your list. Last but not least, a to-do list is a stress reducer. How? The answer is clear: It can be overwhelming when you think of every little thing that you need to do, but when you have them on a list, it groups your chores and tasks into smaller, more manageable steps.
- Order groceries online. Rather than the undeniable stresses of having to shop in a jam-packed store, you can shop online. Do you make a grocery list? If so, shopping online is as easy as clicking your way through your list. This is the best sort of delegation — let someone else spend the time shopping! Then, all you have to do is pick up your food (or have them delivered if the store has a delivery option and you choose to use it).
- Switch off parental duties. Why not make an agreement with your spouse or partner to establish equitable time with parental duties so that your time can be freed up? That way you can get those chores done or have some downtime. Another viable option is to switch off your parental duties with another parent. They can watch your kids for a bit while you get some things done, and then you can watch their kids while they get some things done.
- Make a kids chore list. It’s never too late to make chore lists for your kids. Not only does this time hack free up your time, but it also allows them to feel like they are contributing to the household. You can set them up for greater successes in life. When they begin to value the newly freed up time for family fun, they won’t complain so much and they will carry this healthy habit into their adult lives.
- Hire a cleaning service. That’s what we specialize in! We clean your home so you don’t have to. And unlike you, we don’t have any other distractions when we clean so we can get it done faster and more efficiently. Have you have ever thought,“I wish I could hire a cleaning service”? Now would be a great time to explore it! We can provide you with a free estimate and when you experience the freed up time as a result of your investment, it will be a no-brainer. Call us today for your no-obligation estimate: (385) 425-6762.
- Occasionally use Uber Eats or Door Dash. With all that you have going on in your busy schedule, adding meal planning and prep can add to stress and time constraints. Give yourself a break! It’s no big deal to use Uber Eats or Door Dash on occasion. There are fast and healthy options. Most importantly, do it guilt-free! Everyone needs a break every once in awhile.
- Prep meals in advance. Spend a weekend afternoon or evening prepping food for the following week. Make out a menu, shop, and prep in advance. It takes the time and frustration out of trying to figure out what to make for dinner, especially on those chaotic, stressful days.
- Use a meal prep service. If spending a weekend afternoon shopping and prepping food is not your bag, use a meal prep service. These services were created to free up your time. A service like Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, and Dream Dinners is a great choice to have food at the ready. Also, many grocery stores and warehouse stores such as Costco and Sam’s Club have pre-prepped meals that you can take home and toss in the oven.
- Do a 10 minute clean sweep daily. Schedule 10 minutes in before you go to bed to do a quick clean sweep to pick up the clutter things that drive you crazy. Examples: socks, clothes, toys, dishes, and toothpaste caps that were left off and such. You’ll feel better — and sleep better — because it won’t be nagging on your mind as you try to fall to sleep. When you sleep better you can better manage your time the next day as you awake refreshed.
- Train kids to do laundry and chores. Yes, it may take a little extra time to train them, and no, they won’t do it as well as you will. But ask yourself, “Is my goal to free up my time and have a livable home, or is it to be time-strapped and have it perfect?” If perfection is your goal then you risk doing it all yourself and you miss out on training your kids how to be productive adults. “Adulting” is hard…we know that! However, think how much harder it would be if no one took the time to teach you the basics of life like chores and laundry.
- Everyone rinses and puts dishes away. Most homes have a dishwasher, so train your family to rinse and put dishes in the dishwasher instead of stacking them in the sink for you to take care of. Teach them how to hand wash dishes too. Sometimes the dishwasher is already full or some of the dishes need hand washing. Assign someone in the house each week to be in charge of the dishwashing! They are responsible for running it, unloading it, and hand washing any dishes that need to be done.
- Plan one day per week to run errands. Do you find yourself constantly running out of the house to run errands? Errands can be time suckers. Create a list of the errands that must be run each week. Pick a day, create a route map, and get them done in one swoop.
- Do short bursts of cleaning. Sometimes it all seems overwhelming or you have just a short window of time to clean. Rather than letting time get the best of you, set a timer for 15 minutes and get to work.
- Set out clothes the night before. Think about how much time is wasted in the morning trying to figure out what to wear. Lay your clothes out the night before. Teach your kids to do the same. It’s one less thing to drain your energy as you are trying to get everyone out the door in the morning!
- Skip multitasking and focus on one thing at a time. Our brains can only process one task at a time. So instead of running from room to room doing this and that, focus on one task at a time. If you are cleaning the kitchen and need to take something to the bedroom, avoid the temptation to clean in the bedroom when you see something out of place. Then, return to the task at hand until it is complete before you move on to the next task.
We understand how frustrating it can be finding the right housekeeping company for your unique situation. Contact us today and let’s see what we can do.
Monday – Sunday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
ST. GEORGE OFFICE